what is error 6000 and 301?
Content not proper
Error 6000 and 301 in QuickBooks while accessing the Company File
When the user’s tries to open the company file, the following error occurs:
WARNING: Error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301). Click the Details button for more information to provide Intuit Technical Support to help diagnose the error.
The error can be caused by the following:
- Some QuickBooks Desktop Support Files is damaged. These files are:
- Transaction Log (TLG) file.
- Network Descriptor (ND) file.
- Data Source Name (DSN) file.
- Company File is Damaged.
- Encryption Software is Installed.
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop to have the latest update in your computer system.
Open the folder which contains your company file.
Search for files with the same name as your QuickBooks file, but with extensions .tlg, .nd and/or .dsn.
Rename each file by selecting it.
Then add the word “.OLD” to each of them.
Note: This type of file is automatically recreated.
- Click on Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Search for files with the same name as your QuickBooks file but with extensions .tlg, .nd and/or .dsn.
- Right-click each file and select Rename.
- After then add the word “.OLD” to each of them.
Note: These files are automatically recreated.
For more details visit the website.
QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 occurs when accessing the business file in QuickBooks accounting software. This error can be caused by various defect and damages to QuickBooks desktop. QuickBooks Error 6000, 301 encounters while attempting to use a desktop company file.
Ron Peters | Cloud Based QuickBooks Expert