How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6073, -816?
The best accounting software available in the market, is prone to errors and bugs. The most notorious errors of QuickBooks Error -6073, -816. QuickBooks error code -6073, -816 is difficult to troubleshoot and fix, For these reasons we recommend that you get in touch with a certified QuickBooks professional. who can guide you through this error, these errors are related directly to the company file and can lead to loss of data.
When do QuickBooks Error -6073, -816 occur:-
Errors can occur due to the following reasons:
- File is stored in a read only folder
- Accessed remotely from a server or through remote connectivity software
- Stored on an external device
- Hosted on cloud
To fix QuickBooks error -6073, -816:
1. The company file is stored in a read only folder:-
You can easily fix this issue by following the given below steps:
- First, you have to log into your computer.
- Now, select the parent folder of the company file.
- Then, right click on the folder.
- Now, you have to select Properties.
- You need to remove the check mark against read-only.
- Then, by clicking on Apply hit the OK tab.
- QuickBooks will be able to define or read the data. And if this doesn’t work then proceed to the next solutions.
2. The QuickBooks Error is being accessed Remotely:-
It is caused due to the conflicting status of different QuickBooks processes.And Resolving the error by following the steps given below:-
- First you Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+ Alt+ Del
- Then Select the Processes tab
- Right Click on any QuickBooks Error code Process
- Click on End Process Tree
- Run QuickBooks again
3. Company File is stored on an External Device:-
Get the full access to the data inside the external device. You can either contact your administrator or get in touch with a certified QuickBooks professional .Different reason for the occurrence of this QuickBooks error can be the user mode. The user modes aren’t synced properly across your organization, QB will throw QuickBooks error -6073, -816. We are using the communication tool for gaining back access to the whole software. Switch mode to single user and try accessing the data.
4. QuickBooks is hosted on the Cloud:-
If it is stored on a local drive. In case you cannot reach Intuit, you can get in touch with our in house certified QB experts. Feel free to contact QuickBooks Support phone number and you call us at +1-855-441-4417 (Toll Free.)