How to enter Employee’s Prior Payroll in QuickBooks Online?
in Quickbooks Many usersÂ want to create a wait even for your former employee in QuickBooks online, how can you enter the data of employee in payroll. but they don’t know how to do this in QuickBooks online. It happens usually that your former employee have left the company before you start using QB Payroll. And you want to include past data for the w2 for that employee. This can be done by entering employee’s prior payroll in QuickBooks Online
Entering all employees’ prior payroll for the financial year is an important work to do. This makes sure that taxation is done properly and W-2s is ok at the finish of the year-end. The users are not sure about various important things which one should consider while entering prior payroll in QuickBooks.
Let’s discuss in brief how you can enter Prior Payroll in easy and simple steps:
- Click the Employee tab >> name of the employee
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Enter [tax year] prior pay details.
- Click Yes >> Next
- Enter the YTD totals as of today for this employee.
- Click Next.
- Enter the YTD totals as of the previous quarter for this employee.
- Click Next >> Add pay date to enter company payroll totals on each payday for the current quarter.
- Start with the first pay date of the quarter
- Enter combined totals for all employees per pay date.
- On the paycheck history quarterly detail, enter totals of the taxes from previous payroll provider reports or forms.
- Click Done.
For Additional Details: https://www.wizxpert.com/create-w2-enter-prior-payroll/